Mushroom Palak is A very healthy and delicious semi dry recipe made with spinach and mushrooms. Mushroom Palak is combination of mushroom and palak with a tangy tomato taste goes very well and its a ideal dish to include greens in your meal. This tongue-tickling treat is rich in protein and iron, and low on calories, which makes it a dieter’s delight.
Preparation time for Mushroom Palak – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Level of cooking — Easy
Types of Cooking — Indian Veg
Baby Spinach — 400 grams
Mushroom — 250 grams
For Gravy Puree-
- Tomatoes : 2 to 3 medium
- Green Chili : 2-3
- Ginger : 1/2 inch piece
- Cashew : 1/4 cup
Dry Spices & Other –
- Onion – 1 Medium (Finely Chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 tsp for cooking
Method to prepare Mushroom Palak-
- Wash the mushroom and cut them into quarters and wash & finely chop the spinach leaves.
- Blend the ingredients of the wet gravy into a thick paste using very little water and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds when the seeds start to crackle add chopped onion and cook then till translucent
- Once the onion is translucent add gravy puree and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till water is dried
- Now add all the dry spices (except – Garam Masala) and cook till the fat separates.
- Once the masala is cooked and fats separate add the chopped spinach leaves. Cover it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes (till the spinach is soft)
- Now add the cut mushrooms and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Sprinkle some garam masala at end before switching off the flame and give it a mix
PS – This recipe is cooked semi dry.
Enjoy mushroom palak with your favorite rice, naan and paratha of your choice