Mangoes are family favorite fruit. I have hardly come across someone who does not loves Mango. Add mangoes to ice cream and perhaps you would land up with the tastiest and yummiest ice cream you can get in few simple steps
You can choose to use ice cream maker or do without it (which is a little elaborate process) but the results, in the end, are a worth the effort
Let’s get started all you need is few Mangoes, Condensed milk, and cream to make this home made Mango ice cream recipes that are creamy and scoopable.
Preparation Time — 5 minutes
Cooking Time — 10 minutes ( Extra time for Freezing )
Types of Cuisine — Sweets and Dessert
Level of Cuisine — Easy
- Mango Pulp — 2 cup (Use fresh mango in season)
- Heavy Cream — 2 cup
- Full fat milk — 1 cup
- Condense Milk — 1 Tin 14 oz
Method of Cooking –
- For Fresh Mangoes – peel the mangos, cut it small pieces and then make Puree with help of blender.
- Heat a pan on medium flame add mango puree and cook for 2 to 3 minutes after that adding milk and continue to cook for additional 2 minutes
- Add condense milk and keep cooking for another 2 minute or until mixture gets thick.
- Switch off the Flame and keep aside to cool down
- Take a big bowl, add heavy cream and beat the cream with a hand beater until stiff peaks form.
- Then pour the mango mixture into the cream.
- Fold through (do not mix vigorously) like you would cake batter until the mixture is lump free.
- Pour the mixture into an air tight container.
- Place Parchment paper on the surface. then place the lid on or using cling wrap.
- Freeze for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove Parchment paper, stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly, then scoop and serve
- Yummy Mango ice-cream is ready to Eat.
For Ice cream maker –
- Freeze the freezer bowl 24 hours prior to making ice cream. Wrap in a plastic bag so the bowl stays clean
- Set up the ice cream maker and press On. When the freezer bowl begins to turn, pour the mixture through the ingredient spout. Mix about 30 minutes or follow manufacturers’ instructions.
- If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and store in the freezer for 3 to 4 more hours before serving