Dulce de Leche is a confectionary prepared by slowly heating sweetened milk to create a substance that derives its taste from the Maillard reaction, changing flavor and color. It means candy made of milk. Simply put this is made by slowly reducing condensed milk until the mixture thickens into a luscious caramel.
Dulce de Leche is then blended into a delicious homemade ice cream
Preparation time — 5 minutes
Cooking Time — 10 minutes
Extra Time for Freezing
Types of Cuisine – Sweets and Dessert
Level of Cooking – Easy
- Caramelized Condense milk – 396 gram or 14 0z ( Readymade Or Homemade )
- Full fat milk – 3 cup
- Full Cream – 2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 2/4 tsp
- Pecans – 1/2 cup Chopped Toasted ( Optional )
- Method of Cooking
How to make Dulce de Leche :
- Take one tin Condense milk, Remove the Plastic lid.Fill a Pressure Cooker with water, half way through.
- Lie down the Can into the Pressure Cooker and close the lid.
- Switch on the gas on high, wait for steam to come and then put on weight.
- When you hear the first whistle simmer the flame and let it cook 30 -40 minutes.
- Switch off and let it cool down to room temperature.
How to Make Ice-cream :
- Bring milk and cream just to a boil in a 3 quart heavy Pan over moderate heat, then remove from heat and whisk in Dulce de leech until dissolved.
- Whisk in vanilla and then fold in Pecans, transfer ice cream mixture to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.
- After one hour take out the mixture of the freezer and whisk again, Repeat this Process 3-4 times during between every one hour and finally keep in the Freezer till ice-cream set.
- Yammy Dulce de leach ice- cream is ready.