A simple Prawn fried rice recipe for you to cook. This is a great family meal and a rice dish option which itself can be a full meal or a supplement.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Type of Cuisine – Indian Chinese
Level of Cooking – Easy
- Rice – Long Grain 1 &1/2 cup
- Shrimps/Prawns – 200 grams (peeled & deveined)
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup boiled
- Mixed Vegetables – 1/2 cup diced into small pieces (Corn, Carrot, Beans)
- Spring Onion – 2 to 3 strands (cut 2 & 1/2 inches from bottom to use as onion, leave can be used as garnish)
- Chopped Ginger /Garlic – 1 teaspoon (both combined)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Ajinomoto (MSG) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Soya Sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Green Chili Sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
- Fish Sauce (Optional) – 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 Egg (Optional) – Scrambled
- Oil for cooking & Frying
- Wash and Soak Rice for minimum 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice in an open thick base pan with lots of water. When the rice is almost 85% cooked switch off the flame and drain the excess rice and keep rice aside to cool down (Rice usually keep on cooking even after you drain the water because of heat inside – If you remove the rice post 100% cooked it will become mushy hence we need to remove it at around 80/85%)
- Wash the deveined prawns and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat some oil in the pan, once hot fry the prawns for 30/40 seconds (do them in batches if needed) – keep aside
- If you like egg in your rice you can scramble 1 or 2 eggs and keep them aside
Putting it all together:
- Heat 2 table spoon oil in a large wok. One the oil is hot add the onion parts from the spring onion strand, ginger garlic, and other vegetables.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice and stir-fry for another 1 minute
- Add Pepper, Salt and the all the Sauces and continue to stir-fry for another minute
- Finally add the fried prawns, scrambled eggs, and Ajinomoto and give it a final mix and toss for 30 seconds
- Switch off the flame, cover the wok and keep if covered for 5 to 10 minutes so that the flavors mix well with the rice and prawns
Delicious Prawn fried rice is ready. You can enjoy this with any stir fried vegetables or chili chicken and Manchurians recipes