Eating fish regularly is beneficial to our bodies in many ways. Fishes are a rich source of essential fatty acids (omega-3 fatty acids)and minerals. Pomfret fishes are high in fat content, provides calcium, vitamins A and D, and Vitamin B12. Increased Vitamin B12 makes it important for the nervous system. It also contains a good amount of iodine, critical for the thyroid gland. Thus Pomfret is good for eyesight and healthy hair and skin.
Along with above know benefits, this is a very tasty and delicious recipe you can enjoy as a starter or a side dish /appetizer.
What makes this recipe unique is a that this is a predominately fish which is prepared in westerns India but I have prepared this using mustard as marination base and hence gives this fish a blend of Eastend India
Preparation Time – 10 Minutes
Marination Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 7 minutes
Level of Cooking – Easy
Cuisine – Malvani with Bengali Tadka
- Silver Pomfret – 4 Nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Oil for Cooking & Marination (Preferably Mustard oil)
- Chat Masala/Onion Slices – For garnish
For Marination Paste;
- Mustard Seeds – 2 Tbsp
- Crushed Red Chili – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 5/6 cloves
- Black Pepper Corn – 10/12 nos
- Corriander Seed – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seed – 1tsp
- Mint/Coriander leaves & Green Chili paste – 1 Tbsp
- Wash and clean the pomfret fish and make gashes on both sides of the skin
- Marinate fish with turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice and keep aside for 15 minutes
- In a grinder using little water make a thick paste of all the items mentioned above to make a marination for the fish
- Apply the marination generously over the fish and keep it aside for 30 to 45 minutes
- Heat a nonstick pan or iron cast griddle.
- Use mustard oil to fry the fish ( mustard oil will give this a great flavor)
- Place the pomfret and fry for 8-10 minutes on one side in medium flame
- Serve hot along with lemon slices and some sliced onions and sprinkle some chaat masala on top
Do try this and leave your feedback